Low Cost Reliability Testing
We now offer 3 budget saving Reliability Services for our Semiconductor clients and advanced testing through our partner Reltech
Semiconductor device RELIABILITY Services
NanoScope now offers 3, economical, turn-key reliability services for our Semiconductor clients.
This identifies the classification level of non-hermetically sealed surface mounted solid state devices, which may be sensitive to moisture induced stress. A package’s MSL sets the parameters for subsequent device preconditioning. The basic test sequence is shown below and assumes that pre-and post electrical tests are conducted at the customer site. The test is performed to IPC/JEDEC Standard J-STD-020D.1
- Initial Visual Inspection
- 1st Acoustical Microscope (CSAM)
- Initial Bake – 24 hrs @ 125°C
- Moisture Soak – Temp/Humidity at required level
- Reflow (IR bake) X3 @260°c
- Final Visual Inspection
- 2nd Acoustical Microscope (CSAM)
- Optional written report
This exposes a batch of devices to the upper limit of the MSL level specified prior to that batch undergoing reliability testing. Pre-conditioning may use all of the sequence shown above – but is often steps 3, 4, and 5 only. The accelerated equivalent tests are also available. Pre-conditioning is available for the full range of MSL’s, and is performed to JEDEC Standard JESD22-A113
High Temperature Storage
HTS is used to test for thermally activated failure mechanisms of solid state devices. Elevated temperatures (150 degrees) are applied for a longer fixed period of time (1000hrs) without electrically stressing the devices. Following HTS, electrical test measurements should be done within 96 hours. The test is performed to JESD22-A103 standard.
Reliability Services Pricing
MSL evaluation <25 devices Price from ₤2,250
Device pre-conditioning <250 devices Price from ₤1,000 (MSL Eval and Pre-Con lots may be combined)
High Temperature Storage <250 devices Price from ₤300
INTRODUCING our reliability partner RELTECH.
For a full turnkey service with even better savings, we have teamed up with our close neighbour and collaborator RELTECH Ltd to offer a complete portfolio of follow-on reliability tests.
For customers booking MSL or Pre-conditioning services with NanoScope who would like to try Reltech, we can offer you a total solution at a preferential rate, and seamless transfer of your pre-conditioned parts directly to Reltech and return shipping directly to you. Email us here for more information.
All projects are completed to JEDEC Standard JESD47.
Device Qualification Tests
- High Temperature Operating Life (HTOL) JESD22-A108/JESD85
- Early Life Failure Rate (ELFR) JESD22-A108/JESD74
- Low Temperature Operating Life (LTOL) JESD22-A108
- High Temperature Storage Life (HTSL) JESD22-A103
Non-Hermetic Package Qualification Tests
- MSL Preconditioning (prior to package tests) (PC) JESD22-A113
- High Temperature Storage (HTS) JESD22-A103 & A113
- Temperature Humidity Bias (THB) JESD22-A101
- Biased Highly Accelerated Temperature & Humidity Stress (HAST) JESD22-A110
- Unbiased HAST (UHAST) JESD22-A118
- Temperature Cycling (TC) JESD22-A104
Here I discuss why the growth in MEMS development is lagging the growth that was witnessed for IC development in many respects – but highlighting that there are valuable lessons available to accelerate future growth too.
Accelerate your MEMS Development with FIB Structural Edit and Analysis
Apparently the only two things that you should never try are folk music and incest, so blogging must surely be in the other column. Well here goes….